Moving to Higher Voltages in Electric Vehicles
The Implications on Capacitor Selection
As countries around the world tighten emissions standards, the demand for fully electric vehicles (EVs) is increasing. However, for EVs to see mainstream adoption EV manufacturers must address the primary consumer concerns: longer driving ranges and faster charging. EV manufacturers are beginning to redesign their vehicles to make the switch from the 400V battery systems widely used today to 800V battery systems.
The 800V battery system offers twice the voltage and 2.7 times the power density compared to a 400V system, which translates to exactly what customers are looking for: the ability to drive further between charges and charge the batteries faster once required. And it’s important to note that this move to higher voltage battery systems is happening fast.
Download this White Paper to learn:
- The Challenges Presented by Higher Voltage EV Battery Systems
- Ensuring EV Systems Safety and Reliability Through High-Voltage Insulation Testing
- Maintaining Proper Creepage Distance For High-Voltage Capacitors
- Protecting Capacitors From Surge Voltage and High Operating Temperatures
- Meeting All the Demands of High-Voltage EV Systems With Knowles Precision Devices Capacitors